Treatment for cancers of many types can lead to short and long-term issues related to surgery and the effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Physical therapy aims to address these problems with education, rehabilitation, exercise, and emotional support.
Our goal is to improve our patient’s quality of life for the months and years after a cancer diagnosis.
Some specific ways that we can help patients during their cancer journey:
- Minimizing pain
- Minimizing swelling and inflammation
- Improving range of motion
- Improving strength
- Improving postural return
- Maximizing mobility
- Promoting Healing of Skin and Delicate Tissues
- Reducing Scar Tissue Formation
- Minimizing Pain, Swelling and Inflammation
- Improving Range of Motion
- Improving Postural Return
- Maximizing Mobility
- Maximizing Functional Return to Exercise, Hobbies, and Social/Occupational Life